Wednesday, September 16, 2009

cleaning your closet is dangerous!


16 September,
Just when you thought it was safe to clean your closet, I am here to give you better guidance. With the best of intentions, I spent this rainy day cleaning the office and then decided my closet should be next up. I redid every drawer and then checked out all my clothes and unfortunately, those shirts with "ring around the collar" were separated from their brethren for washing. Using the italian equivalent of Shout which is what I did after the load, I put them all in together, trusting soul that I am. You see, I am always bragging about the color fastness of our fabrics in the USA, unlike e.g., those from Spain which still bleed after 3 years of hand washing. No longer! I have changed my idea about our dye superiority.
I know, all you women are thinking: typical guy, mixing colors and whites (but at low temperature with the special dye retrieving sheet in with the load).
Enough with explanations and excuses. Here is the photo which shows my previously white shirts to the right and my previously white collar on the left, with perhaps its bigger part as the culprit.... not sure if it was that one or the custom shirt I bought from the TV news guy. Boh!
By the way, the picture doesn't do justice to the fact that the whites are now powderpuff blue!
Live and learn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

powderpuff blue becomes you! Kevin

Jan O. said...

At least you don't have to worry about your whites getting yellow!
Whites can be washed with bleach to "whiten" them. No suggestions for the blue shirt, though.

Jan O. said...

At least you don't have to worry about your whites getting yellow!
Whites can be washed with bleach to "whiten" them. No suggestions for the blue shirt, though.