Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cascata della marmora, 400th post

30 Maggio,
Remiss as usual with posting new stuff, but here is a photo spread of the beautiful waterfall in Umbria about an hour and a half (the way I drive) from Nascondiglio di Bacco.  I arrived one beautiful Monday morning to find it "turned off".  As Smirnoff would say, "What a country!"  I can't imagine arriving at Yosemite Falls, eg, and find myself waiting  2 hours for them to turn on the tap.  Anyway,  I have to say, it was cool to see the falls before and after they opened the dam upstream.  Here are some pictures and I will add, the falls is always "on" in summer.  It would be a nice day trip to have a picnic or to include with an excursion to Norcia or Castelluccio.  They offer 5 hiking trails, including one through a botanical garden and each has special views of the waterfall, flora and fauna.  Here is the series of events starting at 10 AM and finishing at 12:15.  The light would be better near sunset for photos, I hit the worst possible time with the sun overhead.

No comments: