Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Late Spring at Nascondiglio di Bacco






27 Maggio
I will try to catch up with my pictures now. As I said in the previous post, Bacco and I take a dawn walk of 45 minutes or so each morning to drain him of the energy which leads him to stray far from home. It is a 40 minute round trip walk to the east and about 45-50 minutes west to the main road to town, so we alternate one with the other. Here are some of the scenes we viewed in the last couple of days showing our surrounding countryside with Nascondiglio in the foreground or background and one of a house nearby surrounded by one of our abundant weeds (poppies). Finally, a picture of olive tree blossoms. About 3% of these little flowers will become olives in a good year. Check out the post below for more from today.
OK, I have procrastinated long enough-time to hoe weeds.
We have extra hoes for anyone who wants to join me!
dwight

No comments: