Wednesday, June 20, 2007

20 giugno



Time flies when you are working or having fun. Kim, my sister-in-law, told me to get my butt in gear and post another update, so here goes. My friends, perhaps you wouldn't have recognized me tonight wearing blue jeans , and ORANGE t-shirt (but with a pocket) and eating bologna and cheese on crackers and drinking a 2 euro red wine for my dinner. Granted, our bologna is really mortadella from Bologna where the industrial meatpackers got the idea for US bologna and the cheese was a wonderful Gorganzola, but still the idea is the same.
Today, my photos were finally framed and ready and we hung about half of them in the rooms.. they really did a nice job and I hope you can come visit and enjoy the views, everything from Mill's Lake in RMNP to the Grand Canyon, Venice to Genoa and a few nice cows and flowers and of course grapevines thrown in for good measure.. we also started hanging full length mirrors in each room for the girls and put ecological shampoo and soap in each room. The big shopping day at IKEA left me somewhat poorer and I have been putting together all the furniture ever since. TV table, 2 bookshelves, work table for the kitchen and 2 cushioned seats. Also candles for every room and vases and nice bathroom extras.
This weekend will be a time to relax as many of our classmates and tutors are coming to the Marche to celebrate a kind of grand opening. We will be full! Hopefully not for the last time!
We cooked a dinner as a trial for our guests from South America and will do that now and again for guests who request it. 4 courses , antipasti, pasta, 2ndo and dessert with wine. and a bargain at that!
What pictures should I put today? my classmates, forse! Take a look at these faces and you will understand the havoc and chaos which will ensue this weekend. d

1 comment:

Tamimarie said...

Dwight- Looks as though you are going to have a great weekend. Have some fun & enjoy. Sounds like you need a little R&R. Tami